Zip Pay & Afterpay Available
Food Covers are a staple in any zero-waste kitchen. They are a great way to help you preserve your food from rot and keep it fresh for longer. Traditionally, plastic cling wraps were used for the same. But as more people discover the harms of using single-use plastic, they're turning away in favour of sustainable options.
There are a variety of eco-friendly food covers to choose from. Eco-covers are kinder to the planet as fewer fossil fuels are required to produce them.
At BeEco, you can find quality food covers made from toxin-free materials like silicone, fabric bowl covers, beeswax wrap etc. Our range of elastic Food covers houses brands like 4MyEarth, EverEco, HoneybeeWrap etc. In any eco-friendly kitchen, reusable food covers are an investment that will pay off. You can find a variety of sizes from small to large at our eco store!
Our range of clear silicone stretch lids, zip lock bags and pouches are a reusable and durable alternative to single use plastic wrap. These lids are the perfect addition to your kitchen, they are made from non-toxic, BPA free, food grade silicone. Our silicone lids and pouches are dishwasher safe, microwave safe and freezer safe and help to keep your food sealed air tight to ensure freshness. An estimated 3000 million tonnes of plastic waste are produced globally every year (almost equivalent to the weight of the entire human population) and, of that, at least 8 million tonnes ends up in the ocean. Make the switch to reusable food covers and do your bit to reduce single use.
Reusable Zip Lock Food Pouches
Silicone is a popular material for kitchenware because it can withstand high and low temperatures. It is easy to clean, so you don't have to spend time scrubbing when it requires just a few wipes!
Reusable Zip lock sandwich bags are perfect for storing your fresh produce.
- These eco-friendly bags fit perfectly in the fridge. They can be used to pack up all sorts of things like leftovers or food items that need freezing before they are enjoyed later on!
- The sandwich baggies are ready to be taken on the go. The seal on the pouches makes them spill-free. This means that you can substitute them for reusable tumblers and cups as well! Pair with a drinking straw, and you're good to enjoy smoothies right from the pouch.
BeEco Reusable Sandwich Bags are perfect for any zero waste kitchen. They are made with high-quality silicone, which will not stain or have an unpleasant odour, so you can enjoy your food without worrying about it! The bags can sit upright and do not take up space in your fridge.
The FDA-approved snack bags by Ever Eco come in different sizes. The airtight seal ensures no food goes to waste! They are perfect for taking along with you when you are shopping at bulk food stores. The clear silicone makes it easy to identify the contents of the pouch.
Others in our range include compostable seal bags by Compostic, fabric food pouches by 4MyEarth etc.
Is it bad to freeze food and vegetables in plastic bags?
Fruits and vegetables need air circulation to stay fresh. That is why the synthetic material of plastic food bags isn't ideal for storing your groceries. They cut down the air supply needed.
Moreover, plastic carry bags experience wear and tear when they are exposed to temperature changes. Every time plastic bags are taken out of the freezer, microplastics and chemicals mix into the food.
It is best to avoid plastic of any type for your health and the planet.
Are reusable silicone bags environmentally friendly?
- Silicone directly replaces plastic bags that rely on fossil fuels for their production. Silicone comes from silica, which is abundantly present in the sand.
- It is vegan, cruelty-free and 100% safe for food storage. It doesn't contain nasties like BPA, phthalates, and the like that seep into our food.
- Silicon-based products are earth-friendly. They can be recycled easily at recycling facilities. Some brands even offer to recycle your silicone baggies at the end of their lifespan.
Are reusable Sandwich Bags safe to use?
These food containers are made from food-safe material. The bags will not give off any toxic fumes, such as DEHA (a hormone disruptor), bisphenol A(linked to infertility) or phthalates. These silicone baby food pouches can be used to store smoothies, baby formulas and more. They are perfect for a lunch bag that won't leak harmful chemicals into our foods.
Can I microwave food in a Ziploc bag?
Most silicone food pouches are 100% microwave safe. They can be used to defrost meats, make pop-corn, steam veggies and so on. These bags can withstand heat up to 250-degree Celsius.
Although, it is best to follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Silicone makes for the perfect lunch bag. These bags will not leach harmful chemicals into our foods and can be reused for years.
Different Kinds of Food Covers Explained
There are many kinds of food cover options for you to consider-
Plastic Wrap: Plastic food covers were designed to keep your leftovers fresh for a limited amount of time. They can be stored easily in the refrigerator and freezer, hence becoming popular. Cling wrap promotes convenience at first glance; however, its single-use nature causes more harm than good by contributing significantly towards plastic pollution.
Moreover, the type of plastic used in cling wraps is toxic to our health. It is full of chemicals like BPA, phthalates and more.
- Home compostable cling films are an alternative to regular cling films. They are made from materials that break down fast. They will break down in your home composter in about three months.
- Compostable plastic wraps do not break into microplastics or leach chemicals in your food.
Silicone Lids: Silicone container covers are food safe and a great way to keep your food fresh. They create an airtight seal, so the leftovers stay good for longer. This reduces waste and costs you less in the long run because these reusable wraps last a long time. Just stretch them over most anything from pots, pans to up through serving bowls.
- Most silicone stretch lids are microwave and dishwasher safe.
- Silicone bowl covers are flexible and won't break or wear down. You don't need to worry about levelling your food in the bowls before putting the lids on. They stretch and fit perfectly.
- The non-stick surface of reusable silicone food covers makes them easy to clean. No need to spend your time and energy scrubbing away the stains!
Cotton Bowl Covers: The fabric of these wraps allows for easy breathing, which means they keep the freshness of your Food for a more extended period. The food savers are washable and ready to be reused over and over. Made from organic cotton, you can use them to cover your pizza doughs and loaves of bread. The covers have an elastic base that covers the mouths of containers.
Beeswax Wraps: Beeswax food covers are a great way to keep your food fresh. They are made of beeswax, cotton, and tree resin.
- The beeswax creates a barrier between the food and the air, which prevents bacteria from growing.
- The cotton keeps the food cool, and the tree resin acts as a natural adhesive.
Wax food covers can be used for sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, cheese, or whatever you like. They are economical and can be reused over and over again. Plus, they are biodegradable!
Which kind of Food Container Cover is the best?
Eco food wraps have various benefits, depending on the use. If you need something that can cover large items like watermelons or pots, then large silicone food covers may suit your needs. However, if it's just wrapping snacks and fruits on the go, beeswax food covers are often more convenient because of their natural properties.
- To cover pans and pots: Silicone Wrap
- To cover fruits and snacks: Beeswax Covers
- To cover doughs etc.: Fabric covers that allow enough breathing
Which kind of Food Covers can you Microwave?
Food savers made from bee's wax or cotton are not ideal to be used at high temperatures. Silicone covers are heat resistant and can be used inside a microwave. It is best to check your manufacturer's instructions for the same.
Do fabric bowl covers keep food fresh?
Yes! Cloth food covers maintain the moisture of the food and keep it fresh.
- These covers are much better at preserving freshness and keeping moisture in food than plastic ever was.
- The elastic clings to your bowls and plates and ensures no dust particles settle over your delish.
Our range includes some of the best silicone food covers, beeswax covers for bowls, and non-plastic covers for containers. There are many different brands and styles available depending on what you need them for, such as microwavable covers, storage covers, oven-safe covers etc.
Keeps Food Fresh | Eco Friendly | BPA Free | Dishwasher Safe