Free Shipping Over $75
Sunscreen is a must-have for protecting yourself from the sun's harmful UV rays. But what most of us don't realize is that most sunscreens on the market today are loaded with toxic chemicals. Not only are these chemicals bad for our health, but they're also terrible for the environment.
If you're looking for a sunscreen that's both good for you and the planet, look no further than our range of natural organic sunscreen. Our reef safe sunscreens include names like Sun Butter, Lip & Cheek, and Antipodes. These brands are known to bring the finest vegan and cruelty free sunscreens that use natural ingredients to protect you from the sun. These creams are perfect for taking with you on trips to the beach or pool!
What is natural sunscreen?
Physical sunscreens use zinc oxide or titanium dioxide to block and reflect sunlight away from your skin. They do not use oxybenzone and avobenzone that can cause rashes, breakouts, or skin irritation. Zinc oxide sunscreens work by providing a protective layer to the skin. This layer does not get absorbed by the skin. The skin absorbs their chemical counterparts on the other hand.
Some of the ingredients found in common facial sunscreens include- oxybenzone, avobenzone, mineral oil, retinol etc. Make sure that your natural sunscreen for face does not contain these ingredients.
Benefits of using non-toxic sunscreen
Better for your skin
- Toxin-free: One of the best things about sun butters is that they're free from all the harmful toxins found in commercial sunscreens. This makes them a much safer option for you and your family.
- Suitable for sensitive skins: The best way to protect yourself from the sun is by using natural organic sunscreen. Chemicals in regular sunscreens can lead to a burning sensation as they soak into your skin.
- Works instantly: Physical or mineral sunscreen works instantly. Unlike the more traditional kind, they start protecting your skin as soon as they're applied and last for hours without needing another application in-between.
- Protection against both types of UV rays: The sun radiates various harmful UV lights, including UVA and UVB. These can cause age spots, wrinkles, and sunburns. Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both types of these rays. Many traditional sun protection creams only protect you from either UVA or UVB.
Better for the planet
- Safe for coral reefs: Natural face sunscreens do not lead to bleaching of the coral reefs.
- Sustainable packaging: Some of the best natural sunscreens are packed in plastic-free tins and other zero-waste boxes.
What can I use instead of sunscreen?
How can I protect my skin from sun without sunscreen? Sunscreen is not the only way to protect yourself from the sun. You can also:
- Wear a hat with a wide brim to protect your face, neck, and ears.
- Wear sunglasses with UV protection to protect your eyes.
There are many oils and essential oils that are natural sunscreens. You can pair some of the following essential oils with a carrier oil of your choice to make homemade sunscreen.
- Vitamin E Essential Oil- Reduces the risk of sunburns and is anti-inflammatory.
- Vitamin C Essential Oil-Protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
- Peppermint Essential Oil-Anti bacterial properties help reduce germs associated with sweating.
- Lavender Essential Oil-Helps minimise redness and swelling.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil-Improves skin conditions like itching, redness etc.