When it comes to keeping your clothes pegged to the line, you need a trusty set of pegs that will do the job well, without rusting or falling apart in bad weather. So what are the best reusable clothes pegs in Australia?
Our favourite reusable clothes peg is the stainless steel laundry peg. These are made from durable stainless steel, making them resistant to rust and corrosion. They're also quite heavy, so they won't fly away in a strong wind.
What are the benefits of using stainless steel pegs?
- Won't break: The metal peg is much stronger than the plastic one and can hold heavy clothes easily. Non-breakable and rust-resistant clips provide a firm grip on clothes, making them ideal for use in Australian weather conditions.
- Resistant to rusting: The metal clip of marine grade cloth pegs does not rust even when it is left out in the rain or sun.
- Different sizes: There are various sized washing pegs so that everyone can find the perfect fit.
Before we review the best Australian made stainless steel pegs, let's answer some common questions about laundry pegs.
Are stainless steel pegs any good?
When most people think about the negative environmental impacts of everyday household items, they typically think about plastic bags or chemical-based cleaners. But what many people don't realize is that even something as simple as a plastic peg can be harmful to the environment.
Plastic is made from non-renewable resources and is not biodegradable. It takes centuries to break down in landfills. Moreover, plastic clothes pegs break easily with heavy loads. They need to be replaced faster than eco clothes pegs. Every time we discard them, we contribute to the growing problem of plastic pollution.
Are stainless steel pegs environmentally friendly?
Wire pegs are made to last. They easily outlive bamboo pegs, wooden pegs and those made from plastic. Something is satisfying about using sturdy wire pegs that won't end up in a landfill. Who knew sustainability could begin from something as small as plastic-free pegs?
What is the best grade of stainless steel for pegs?
Are all stainless steel pegs the same? No. There are different grades of stainless pegs. Here's a breakdown of the key differences between them-
- 201 Grade Stainless Steel Pegs: These eco pegs are the most affordable options. They are more durable than wooden or plastic pegs. However, if you live in a humid or coastal area, they might not be ideal for your needs. These metal clothes pegs may corrode against moisture. It is advised to not leave the pegs outside all day long.
- 304 Grade Stainless Steel Pegs: 304 Stainless Steel is the most popular metal for kitchen and bathroom appliances. It has a high percentage of nickel, making it resistant to corrosion. These clothing pegs are easy to clean with baking soda if any corrosion issues arise. However, the quality of the pegs will degrade if they are left outside for an extended period.
- 316 Stainless Steel Pegs: 316 Pegs, also known as marine grade pegs, are the best choice for heavy-duty use. They never rust or wear out, even in coastal environments!
If you're looking for a durable, long-lasting peg that won't rust, we recommend choosing 304 or 316-grade stainless steel pegs. 201-grade pegs are cheaper, but they aren't as durable.
Can you leave stainless steel pegs on the line in the rain?
Marine-grade steel pegs are weatherproof. So, you can leave them on the line in the rain without having to worry about them rusting or corroding.
Best Reusable Clothes Pegs in Australia Reviewed
Finding the best eco-friendly pegs can be a challenge. Not all clothespins are created equal. Many Australian brands offer reusable pins such as bamboo clothes pins, aluminium clothes pegs etc.
When it comes to finding the best environmental pegs, there are a few things to consider-
- Grade of Stainless Steel Used: The quality of the stainless steel used is of utmost importance. If you don't live in areas with harsh weather conditions, 201 pegs might be the right choice for you as they are cheaper than others. Otherwise, choose marine grade stainless steel.
- Grip: The grip of your reusable clothespins is another factor to consider. No one wants clothes slipping right off the line!
- Warranty: When you make a switch to metal pegs, be sure to check if a warranty backs them. Many brands greenwash low-quality pegs as marine grade.
We have listed some of the best reusable clothes pegs in Australia and compare them so that you can make an informed decision about which ones to buy. Stay eco-friendly and save money with these top-rated durable clothes pegs!
Best Pegs was born when a mother grew conscious of the waste generated by plastic pegs. With a mission to completely do away with plastic pegs for clothes, Best Pegs are your permanent solution to broken pegs. Moreover, your purchase helps AUSMAP, an Australian citizen science initiative working on mapping microplastics in our aquatic environments.
Get rid of pesky plastic pegs and switch to Best Pegs!
Quantity: Best Pegs offers steel pegs in quantities of 20,40,60,80, and 100. The smallest bundle containing 20 medium-sized steel pegs starts at $29.95.
- Best Pegs are made of marine-grade 316 stainless steel, which means they will not rust or corrode. They have a clever design that grips clothes securely and prevents slipping.
- Best Peg's Rainbow Pegs range is worth checking out if you are looking for colourful pegs.
- The clothes pegs come in a reusable canvas bag and a recyclable cardboard box. You won't find any plastic here.
- There are two types of pegs: regular and large. Regular pegs are made with 58mm long, 316-grade steel wire. Large pegs are made with 76mm long wire.
When it comes to sustainability, the smallest steps do count. This belief led the Activated Eco store to create a beautiful collection of eco-friendly products that are beautiful and environmentally responsible!
Their marine grade infinity clothespins are their signature product and indeed lives up to their reputation.
Quantity: Available in a pack of 10 to a bag of 500 pegs
- Activated Eco has tons of different options to choose from, both in size and colour. They even have rose gold, rainbow-coloured pegs loved by those who want something beyond just a regular cloth pin.
- They provide a Lifetime Guarantee on their pegs. The warranty covers rust and damage that may occur during regular use. If your pegs get damaged, you can send them back to be replaced free of charge.
- All pegs are housed in recyclable cardboard packaging and compostable mailing satchels.
Eco Pegs are a must-have for any eco-friendly household. These multi-purpose pegs can be used as cloth pegs, paper clips, money clips and more!
Quantity: Two packs available: 20 pegs and 40 pegs. You can also choose a sampler pack.
- The standard size EcoPeg comes in cotton bags for easy storage.
- The weather-safe pegs are great for clotheslines because they won't get hot in the sun or rust in the rain. These pegs are perfect for drying delicate clothes as the pegs have a wavy grip that is gentle on delicates.
- Backed by a lifetime warranty, you can return your pegs within 30 days of purchase if you are unsatisfied with your product.
Ever Eco has created a line of stainless steel products that are entirely plastic-free, affordable and loved by Aussie homes.
- Ever Eco is the perfect solution for those who live in coastal areas and experience rusting of their peg due to moisture or salt content. The pegs are made from 316 marine grade metal.
- The set of 20 and 40 pegs are both available in twin colours of gold and silver.
- These heavy-duty pegs are made from 2mm thick wire and 59mm long. The peg length combined with its thickness determines how much weight it can handle. Hence, these pegs are ideal for heavy loads such as towels or blankets.
Eco Edit provides zero waste stainless steel clothes pegs at affordable prices. These eco-friendly pegs are made to reduce environmental impact, and they also last longer than traditional plastic pegs. If you're looking for an eco way to hang your clothes, then these sustainable clothes pegs are a great option. They're durable, easy to use, and completely recyclable.
Quantity: 40 pegs
- The marine grade pegs by Eco Edit are housed in a soft linen bag. The 40 pegs pack makes for a versatile eco gift.
- The Eco Edit 316 stainless steel pegs are strong enough to hold your wet towels and delicate enough to be used indoors without damaging your clothes. The smooth grip technology prevents any marks or damage to your clothing.
- Eco Edit wants to help customers reduce their carbon footprints. For every sale made, they will contribute money to climate change projects in the community.
When it comes to plastic, Eorth strives for the old ways. They have a vision of creating our world how it was ages ago- completely plastic free. Their stainless steel products were made with this mindset too; they're durable and will last long.
Quantity: 40 pegs
- The 201 Grade Stainless Steel Clothes Pegs come in a double drawstring cotton bag.
- They are made of metal, so they will not break down or fall apart as plastic clothes pegs do in the harsh Australian heat. However, if you live near coastal areas, these might not be the perfect pegs for you.
- The entire stainless steel wire clothes peg is made of just one piece of wire.
If you're looking for a quality peg that will last in all weather conditions, marine grade cloth pegs are the best option.The above reviewed brands offer some of the best stainless steel pegs Australia. We hope this blog helped you find the best peg for you!