Compostable Kitchen Loofah Dish Sponge
These loofah pads are made from a luffa plant which is a fast growing plant in the cucumber family. After the plant blooms, the flower develops into a long, gourd like plant that resembles a giant cucumber or zucchini. The gourds are then harvested and can be left to dry out for up to six months.
Dried gourds are soaked in water, peeled, and their seeds are removed. Once they’re completely dry, they can be sliced, cut, or shaped in a variety of ways before they’re sold as sponges. Suitable for the cleaning the kitchen or bathroom. Though they appear thin when dry, once the sponge is soaked with water it expands becoming soft and perfect for cleaning. They can be used to scrub tiles, showers, sinks, and other hard-to-clean surfaces.
You can also use them on your skin to scrub away dead skin cells. It is a course scrubber so only use if you love a good scrub. They can also double as soap savers, if you pop them under your soap bar they will absorb any moisture, if you do this we recommended that you regularly hang them to dry out.
- Dimensions: 10.5 cm x 7cm
- 100% compostable
- 100% biodegradable
- Bleach free
- Suds well when used with soap
- Natural plant based product
- Plastic free
How to Use:
- Wet sponge or soak for a few minutes to soften
- Use like a regular dish sponge to clean dishes or scrub surfaces
- Dry sponge between uses and it can last between 4 - 6 weeks
- Compost at the end of its life
- Sustainably sourced luffa gourd
- Cotton thread