Did you know you can use your left over egg shells to plant seedlings?
Channel your inner green thumb and give this a try this weekend!
- Rinse your empty egg shells and place them in your old egg carton
- Using a spoon, fill your shells with moistened seedling mix and place a couple of seeds in each shell (follow the seed packed instructions)
- Leave the egg carton in a sunny window, ideally facing south and in the warmest room in your house
- Keep your seedling mix moist use a spray bottle to mist every few days, be careful not to over water as the shells don't allow drainage
- Once all your seedlings sprout, trim any smaller seedlings to allow room for the large ones to grow
- When your seedling has a 2nd set of leaves it's usually large enough to transplant to a larger pot or into the garden