Reusable tumblers are a sustainable alternative to disposable takeaway cups. Takeaway cups are convenient to use. But they have a huge impact on the planet. Every year, 1 billion single use plastic cups are tossed away in Australia. This worsens plastic crisis and leads to global warming as plastic production relies on burning fossil fuels. If you love to grab a refreshing takeaway smoothie on your way to work, consider switching to insulated stainless steel tumbler instead. Or simply pair a glass jar with a stainless steel straw.
Benefits of using insulated reusable cups.
Eco friendly tumblers are not only better for you and the planet but have obvious benefits over their disposable counterparts. Here are some of the benefits of investing in a drinking cup-
- Convenient to use: Most reusable tumblers come with straw nowadays. Using a straw is an easy and fun way to keep yourself hydrated. The large opening or mouth of the tumblers makes it easy for us to fill them up with ice cubes and thick shakes.
- Maintains temperature: Who doesn’t like chilled beverages on a hot day? Or a hot cup of joe on a chilly morning? Vacuum-sealed tumblers will maintain the right temperature of your teas and coffees for hours.
- Sweat-proof: The insulated keep cups are condensation free. This makes them less prone to slipping from hands.
- Economical: Many cafes around Australia have started offering discounts and other benefits if you bring your own keep cup. Bet the coffee tastes sweeter now that you have to pay less for it.
How to choose the best reusable smoothie cup?
The best bubble teacup is the one that fits all your needs. However, there are some factors to consider when buying a smoothie cup-
- Size of tumbler: Choose the size that works the best for you. Some people prefer small reusable cups as they are easy to be carried in hand, handbags and so on. Others prefer a larger size to avoid multiple refills.
- Size of the opening: Choose a cup with a large mouth if you want to add ice to your drinks.
- Leakproof: Opt for bottle that is leakproof. It is easier to commute with a reusable bottle that you can throw into your bag.
We often hear about vacuum insulation in our drinks bottles and tumblers. But what does it mean? To put it simply, vacuum insulation refers to the space between the two walls of our double walled tumblers. This space does not have any air. So, no transfer of heat takes place from inside the tumbler to the atmosphere. A quality vacuum container will maintain the temperature of its contents for hours.
The maintenance of insulated tumblers is a breeze.
- You can simply hand wash your cup with lukewarm water after each use.
- Alternatively, add a little vinegar and a teaspoon of baking soda in the tumbler and give it a good shake. Rinse with water and let it dry.
- To clean the metal straws, use a straw brush with warm soapy water. Run the brush through the length of your straw for a thorough clean.
- Avoid using steel wool brushes on stainless steel products.
- Be sure to check the product details to know if your flasks are dishwasher safe.
How to clean smoothie tumbler lid?
- If your tumbler has a simple lid with just a straw hole, just run it under water and scrub the edges with an old toothbrush.
- Other lids can have complex mechanism with locks and detachable straws. In that case, first soak the lid in warm soapy water for 10-15 minutes. Scrub away the grime gently.
- Once in a while, soak your lid into a mixture of vinegar and baking soda to prevent microbial growth.
- Often, the lids are not made dishwasher safe. Always check the instruction manual for best cleaning guide.
Why should tumblers be BPA free?
Traditionally, latte cups are made from plastic that contains BPA. BPA is a type of toxin that seeps into our hot and cold drinks. It can lead to various health problems like-
- Increased blood pressure,
- Heart diseases,
- Impaired brain development in children, and so on.
For this reason, it is best to choose a BPA-free glass or stainless steel tumbler made from food grade materials.
Best Insulated Smoothie Tumblers Reviewed
Here’s our recommendation of the best environmentally friendly tumblers. As more Australian homes are starting to switch to sustainable products, the demand has made them available in online and offline eco-stores. These tumblers with straws will fit most cup holders, making them great travel cups!
Cheeki’s reusable iced coffee cups are known for their durability. Their tumblers are made from a combination of chromium and nickel. Chromium increases the metal’s hardness whereas nickel provides strength to the keep cup. To top that, the cups are stain resistant as well. This makes cleaning them easy. Available in eye-catching pastel shade of pistachio, pink and more, the tumblers have a holding capacity of 500ml. The double walled insulation ensures that your americano remains icy for more than 6 hours. The spill proof lid makes the tumblers your perfect companion to be carried to work and day outs.
- The smooth surface makes them easy to clean, resists bacterial growth
- Anti Slip Straw
- Shatter Proof
- Car cup holder friendly
The reusable smoothie tumbler by Klean Kanteen is made to last. The tumblers enjoy a Klean Coat finish which makes them four times more resistant to chipping. The Klean Coat is a powder coating that safeguards your drinks canteen from everyday wear and tear. The cup does not retain or impart flavours to drinks. The Klean Kanteen straws are designed innovatively for ease of drinking. The head of the stainless steel straws is made from silicone. Silicone is flexible and soft to drink from. This makes the tumbler a good choice for kids too. The 473ml tumbler will keep your drinks hot for up to 4 hours and cold for 20 hours.
- Features an innovative straw
- Tumblers enjoy a Strong-as-Steel™ Guarantee which covers manufacturer's defects.
The vacuum sealed flasks by Camelbak are one of the best spill-proof cups to choose from. Their design ensures maximum protection against leakages. The toxin-free tumbler has a silicone pad at the base which saves your drink from accidentally slipping. The lid features a tri-mode with adjustable flow control. This makes them especially great for hydrating kids. The powder coating on the surface of the cup makes them sturdy and tapered design makes them easy to hold. Available in different shades, the cup is best for anyone with hectic schedules.
- Dishwasher safe, unlike other tumblers
- Leak proof design featuring silicone base, tri-mode lid, and tapered design for a good grip
Eliminate the use of single use cups with Wakatobi’s range of smoothie cups perfect for milkshakes, iced lattes, boba teas and more! The glass cups by Wakatobi have a holding capacity between 500ml to 700ml. The sleek design of the coffee cup allows a hassle free clean. Personalize your reusable cup by choosing from a range of colours offered in lids and straws.
- Packaging done using recycled material
- Comes with a straw cleaning brush
A cleaner way to enjoy your drinks
Enjoy your matcha latte guilt-free with a drinking cup that does not pollute at the end of lifecycle. The brands listed above bring some of the finest sustainable cups and mugs to you. Reusable iced coffee cups help you save money and reduce waste by cutting back on trips to the coffee shop. In addition, the double walls will save your drinks from getting tepid and watery. We hope this blog helped you find your perfect drinking companion 😊