- Buy a good quality water bottle and take it with you in your car or bag, this will reduce your need to buy single use plastic bottles. You can also look for a drinking fountain if you forget your bottle.
- For those lovers of cafe coffee and tea, using a reusable coffee cup instead of a disposable takeaway cup will have a big impact on your footprint. Opting for an insulated stainless steel or Huskee cup will also keep your coffee hotter for longer.
- Remembering to bring your own reusable shopping bags and mesh produce bags when shopping for groceries will avoid the use of plastic bags.
- Saying "no straw please" when you order a cold drink to avoid a single use plastic straw. If you prefer to drink from a straw you can use a stainless steel or silicone reusable straw there are a range of colours and sizes available.
- Bringing your own lunch to work or school will reduce unnecessary plastic packaging from takeaway food.
Making a number of small changes over time can have a big impact. Keep at it and take it one step at a time!